Tuesday, October 23, 2007

So fast?

Last Monday, I took 26:04.09 to complete the 10 rounds at the park near my house. I was breathing heavily, but still manageable. And I could actually sprint the last 50m, which is a sign that I haven't exerted myself to the fullest.

But I am still in wonder of the time... I mean, just about 3 months ago, I took 35:36.75 to complete the same distance. That's like almost 10 minutes off my first 10-rounds-run!!! What the??? Either I have improved a lot, or I was too slow in my first run. But I still remember... in that first run, I was struggling to breath, both my knees were in great pain, and I could barely run... Seriously, a very big contrast... At first I thought maybe I only finished 9 rounds??? LOL... that is possible... but I really counted properly! I took 2:30 for the first round, so if multiply by 10, should be around 25 mins... Anyways, if this result is flawed, we shall see this coming Friday, my next run.

I would prefer to give it the benefit of doubt, and I think the drizzle helped. It's really fun, running under the slowing drizzle. Very cooling. For some people, they would think it's crazy, running under the rain, and for some, they get sick, even with just a few drops of rainwater... The differing factor? Immune system... Exercising REGULARLY helps to build a strong immune system. Try picturing a budak kampung and a budak bandar on a rainy day. A budak kampung would be running around happily under the rain, playing some games with his friends, while a budak bandar is in the house, playing computer games or PS2, and when go out must be accompanied by a huge payung. Hardly touched the rain, ever. Hardly ever exercised too... ever. Seriously lorrr, I have not fallen sick for such a long time I really forgot when was the last time I fell sick. Hmmm... thank You Jesus for divine health, and giving me wisdom on how to take care of my health!

Urrgghh... gotta go sleep liao... having a busy travelling week... Drove to and fro Ipoh last Sunday to conduct a public forum, tumpanging colleague's car to Seremban tomorrow (gotta wake up at 5!!!) - 2008 Business Plan Meeting, back on Thursday night, flying to Kota Bharu this Friday night for a talk Saturday morning to 100 over pregnant moms, and giving a CME to 250 GPs this Sunday in errr... where ah??? Oh yah, PJ Hilton... Phew........ good night everyone... zzzzz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home